3 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion (chopped fine)
4 large garlic cloves (chopped fine)
12 oz Belgian Ale (I used a Big Boss Hell’s Belle)
64 oz diced tomatoes
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp parsley
Salt & pepper (to taste)
4 lbs. clams (may substitute mussels)
1 loaf Italian bread (sliced and toasted)
1) Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until cooked. (use a large pot)
2) Add beer and reduce by half.
3) Add tomatoes, oregano and parsley.
4) Simmer covered for about 15 min.
5) Add clams.
6) Cook for 10-15 min. or until they start to open. (mixing occasionally)
7) Remove and transfer to bowls (discard all unopened)
8) Add sauce and serve with bread slices for dipping. (may also serve over pasta)