2 large racks spareribs
6 sprigs of thyme
12oz IPA (I used a Hebrew Hop Manna)
20oz balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 diced red onion
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp molasses
1/4 cup grainy mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F
2) Sprinkle the ribs generously with salt, add thyme to each, wrap with aluminum foil.
3) Bake for 3 to 4 hours. (until extremely tender)
4) While ribs cook, place all other ingredients in a pot on medium-low heat.
5) Simmer, stirring every so often, for a couple of hours. (until sauce is thick)
6) Turn on the broiler
7) Cut racks into individual ribs, place on broiler tray.
8) Brush generously with sauce. (may do so more than once)
9) Place in broiler 3-4 min, turn as needed (watch not to burn)