8oz flat Stout (I used Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout)
3 packets unflavored gelatin
2 cups sugar
4oz corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 tbsp vanilla
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1) Let beer sit opened for a few hours or stir beer briskly make flat.
2) Grease then dust with confectioner’s sugar all sides of an 8x8 pan. (lightly cover completely)
3) In a bowl add gelatin to 4oz beer and allow to soften.
4) Heat sugar, corn syrup, salt and 4oz beer over low heat, stir until sugar is dissolved.
5) Increase to medium heat and boil until a candy thermometer reads 245° F (DO NOT STIR!!)
6) Add sugar mixture to gelatin mixture, stirring until fully dissolved.
7) Using an electric mixer beat on high speed until a thick pale white and tripled in volume. (10-12 min.)
8) In separate bowl with beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
9) Mix vanilla and egg whites into gelatin mixture until combined.
10) Pour into 8x8 pan and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. (lightly cover completely)
11) Chill marshmallow mixture uncovered until firm. (about 4 hrs.)
12) After marshmallow sets, melt chocolate with oil over medium heat (use double boiler)
13) Let cool slightly.
14) Remove marshmallows from 8x8 pan and cut into squares. (appox. 5 pcs. across in ea. direction)
15) Dip marshmallows in melted chocolate and place on a parchment paper covered tray.
16) Sprinkle with crushed pretzels for garnish.
17) Chill until chocolate has hardened.