12 oz beer (stout)
5 lb ground chuck
56 oz crushed tomatoes
30 oz kidney beans
1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp canola oil
20 oz chopped onions
16 oz cut up red bell peppers
16 oz cut up yellow bell peppers
16 oz cut up green bell peppers
16 oz sliced mushrooms
7 tbsp chili powder
3 tsp white pepper
1) Toast cumin and coriander in skillet over medium heat until darker and beginning to smoke (dry, no oil).
2) Set aside and allow to cool.
3) Sauté beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink and drain.
4) Heat oil over medium-high heat.
5) Add onions, peppers and mushrooms.
6) Sauté until vegetables begin to soften.
7) Add vegetables to pot with meat.
8) Mix in toasted spices, chili powder, white pepper, crushed tomatoes, beans, and beer.
9) Bring chili to boil, stirring occasionally.
10) Reduce heat and simmer 45-60 minutes, stirring often.