8 oz Pumpkin Ale (I used Dogfish Head Punkin Ale)
1 lb pasta
4 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp flour
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 cups milk
1/8 tsp allspice
1 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 14 oz can pumpkin puree
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Cook the pasta until done. (drain and set aside)
3) Melt butter over medium heat.
4) Whisk in the flour until lump free and cook for 1 min.
5) Raise heat and whisk in beer making sure no lumps develop.
6) Cook about 5 minutes until the beer has evaporated a little.
7) Whisk in the maple syrup and milk.
8) Mix in allspice, mustard and nutmeg.
9) Cook the mixture over medium heat until the sauce thickens. (about 3 min)
10) Whisk in the pumpkin purée.
11) Mix in 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese. (mix until melted)
12) Mix together the pasta and the sauce and place in a casserole dish.
13) Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
14) Bake for 15 minutes or until the top to get brown and bubbly.