2 cans of crusty french loaf (I used Pillsbury®)
1 large egg
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 chopped plum tomatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
8-12 oz turkey
8 slices provolone cheese (halved)
8 slices bacon (crisp & halved)
4 oz Red Ale (I used Killians Irish Red)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 chopped garlic cloves
1/2 avocado (peeled and pitted)
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Place both loaves of dough on cookie sheet.
4) Join ends of loaves to form a ring and pinch together.
5) Cut slashes on top of dough every 2 inches (1/2 inch deep).
6) Beat egg and 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano.
7) Brush over dough and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
8) Bake until golden brown (about 30 mins.)
9) Let cool for about 20 minutes.
10) Mix lettuce, onion, tomatoes, oil, vinegar and remaining 1/2 tsp oregano.
11) Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
12) Mix beer, mayonnaise, garlic and avocado until smooth. (use mixer)
13) Cut bread ring in half horizontally.
14) Press the insides of top and bottom ring. (creating small pocket)
15) Place lettuce mixture in bottom of ring.
16) Top with turkey, provolone cheese and bacon.
17) Spread avocado mixture in top of ring.
18) Place on top of bottom ring.
19) Cut into 8 pieces.