12 oz Stout (I used a Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout)
60 oz vegetable stock (may substitute chicken stock)
4 oz chopped baby portabella mushrooms
1 tbsp butter
6 oz leeks (trimmed and sliced)
16 oz chopped shiitake mushroom caps
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp flour
Salt and Pepper
1) Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
2) Add leeks and shiitake mushrooms, sauté until soft.
3) Add baby portabella's to leek mixture.
4) Add beer and stock, stir and simmer. (10 min.)
5) Mix flour and cream into a smooth paste.
6) Add the paste to soup and simmer. (DO NOT BOIL)
7) Cook for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
8) Purée with an immersion blender.
9) Bring back to a simmer and remove from heat
9) Season with salt and pepper.