12 oz Lager (I used a Legend Lager)
24 oz chicken stock
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
3 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
1 small ham hock
1 chopped yellow onion
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp sugar
14 oz can diced tomatoes (w/juice)
3 oz tomato paste
2 diced potatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen baby lima beans
1) Set a slow cooker on high.
2) Put in chicken, ham hock and onions.
3) Mix together the chicken stock, flour and sugar.
4) Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
5) Stir in lager, tomatoes and tomato paste.
6) Cover and cook for a minimum of four hours.
7) An hour or so before serving, remove ham hock out of the stew
8) Shred any meat left on it and put back into stew. (discard bones)
9) Remove chicken and shred.
10) Add the frozen corn, lima beans, potatoes and shredded chicken into the stew.
11) Cover and continue cooking on high until the potatoes are tender.