12 chicken wings (about 2 1/2 lbs)
2 oz beer (Lager, Fosters works well)
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 oz beer (Lager, Fosters works well)
2 tbsp canola oil
1 onion (chopped small)
1 minced garlic clove
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
8 oz ketchup
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
1) Rinse the wings then blot dry with paper towels.
2) Make 2 deep slashes, to the bone, in the meaty part of each wing.
3) Place the chicken in gallon ziploc bag.
4) In a small bowl mix together beer, oil, worcestershire, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5) Pour mixture over wings, squeeze all excess air out of ziploc bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours turning bag over occasionally.
6) To prepare the barbecue sauce. Heat oil in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium heat.
7) Add onion, garlic, ginger and hot pepper flakes and sauté until the onions and garlic are lightly browned, (about 5 minutes).
8) Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
9) Reduce to low and simmer the sauce stirring occasionally until thickened (10 to 15 minutes).
10) Remove from heat and measure out 1 cup. Set it aside for serving.
11) Preheat and oil the grill to medium-high.
12) Place wings on grill.
13) Grill, turning occasionally until done. (about 12 to 16 min.)
14) Brushing wings with sauce in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
15) Place on platter and served with reserved sauce.