8 oz Porter (I used an Atwater Brewery "Vanilla Java Porter")
8 oz Heavy cream
3 tsp instant coffee
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cocoa powder
1) In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks, cocoa powder and sugar.
2) Bring beer, coffee and cream to a simmer.
3) Slowly pour beer mixture over the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
4) Return to pan and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens.
5) Pour through a strainer into a bowl set over ice, whisk until cool.
6) Freeze in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturer's directions.