12 ozs Brown Ale (I used Newcastle)
3 racks of baby-back ribs
1 lg onion (cut into 1/4's)
6 crushed garlic cloves
2 cups BBQ sauce
4 1/2 ozs whiskey (I used Wild Turkey)
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup steak sauce (I used A-1)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
3 ozs dark rum (I used Meyer's)
1) Cut racks into 3 or 4 pcs.
2) Boil enough water to cover ribs.
3) Add beer, onion, garlic, and ribs to water.
4) Return to a slow boil, cover and cook (30-45 minutes)
5) Mix BBQ sauce and whiskey together.
6) Remove ribs from pot.
7) Cover with BBQ sauce and wrap tightly with aluminum foil.
8) Put ribs in oven @ 200° (2 hrs).
9) Mix remaining ingredients to make glaze.
10) Remove from foil and grill over a low heat (15-20 min.),
11) Turn ribs 4-6 times, brushing with glaze after each turn.