MILK STOUT FRENCH TOAST w/ STRAWBERRY LAMBIC SYRUP
8 oz Milk Stout (I used Duck Rabbit Milk Stout)
1 loaf sour dough bread (unsliced)
½ cup milk
½ doz. eggs
2 tbsp cinnamon
1½ tbsp. vanilla extract
STRAWBERRY LAMBIC SYRUP
11oz bottle Lambic (I used Timmerman’s)
Lambic Syrup Directions:
1) Bring lambic to boil, stirring occasionally making sure not to burn. (for about 45 minutes)
2) To speed up thickening the reduction, add some corn starch. (1st mix 1 tbsp with some cold water, then add)
3) Should reduce into a THIN syrup.
French Toast Directions:
1) Mix stout, milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla.
2) Cut bread into 1 inch slices.
3) Lay in the stout/egg mixture coating both sides.
4) Grill in pan/griddle on each side until golden brown.