Everyone is looking for a good reason to drink beer, other than taste and a buzz. As it turns out many people are. Anyway here are 10 reasons to drink more beer. Not only that, but they're all true. Beer really is good for your health, so drink up!
1. Beer reduces stress. Alcohol has been known to reduce stress. This is obvious, and one of best reasons is that beer is good for your health.
2. Beer is good for the heart. A study conducted from 1982 through 1996 on the elderly has found that those who drank at least 1.5 beers per day had a 20 to 50 % less chance of having heart failure.
3. Beer improves blood circulation, beer increases your "good" cholesterol, or HDL (high-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. Its basically a kind of blood fat, so it reduces blood's tendency to clot.
4. Beer is chock full o' fiber. The fiber comes from the cell walls of the malted barley. A liter of beer can have as much as 60% of your daily recommended fiber. The extra fiber will keep you regular and can also lower the risk of heart disease.
5. Beer is a multi-vitamin. Beer is a significant source of magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
6. Beer can prevent strokes. A study published in Stroke magazine in 2001 showed that alcohol drinkers have fewer strokes. This is because it thins the blood, it increases the circulation in the brain, thereby protecting from silent strokes which are caused by tiny blood clots.
7. Beer keeps your brain young. A study, published in the December 2001 issue of Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research, was conducted on elderly italian men and women. It showed that moderate drinkers had a 40% lower risk of mental impairment.
8. Beer is good for your liver. Alcohol expands the small blood vessels in the liver which intern speeds up your metabolism which can help clean all the toxins out of the liver. This is from Beer Net Publication, April 2001 Biological Institute. This one suprized me also!!
9. Beer cures insomnia. Lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, both present in beer, can promote sleep. Also hops are a natural sedative.
10. Beer fends off gallstones. According to Professor Oliver James at the University of Newcastle, beer protects against gallstones and kidney stones.
So after hearing all the great reasons for drinking beer. Crack one open and enjoy a long and healthy life.